Let Your Words Flow

Let Your Words Flow
Let Your Words Flow

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

More on rejection letters

I made the comment about my last post about rejection letters, "I guess the only way to avoid them is to stop writing. I kinda like them." I used to love to play computer games. From Zork to Zak McKrackan and the Alien Mindbenders. I put a lot of time into them. Most of the time I would get a "Game Over." Sometimes I would get a "You Win!" Of course it made me feel good to win. I can't show you that I won or lost, I can only tell you. What do I have to show for my time? Nothing.

Now I spend most of my free time writing. Now I get to make up the adventures. I have put a lot of time into writing, but I have proof that I did it. I even have official "Game Over" documents in the form of rejection letters. Just like in the computer games, I can start over by resubmitting somewhere else. You can bet that the day I get a "You Win" acceptance, I will show the world.

If you have a favorite computer game, what was it? How much time did you spend on them?




No comments:

Post a Comment